Range Map of Black Bears
Average life span in the wild: 20 years
Size: 5 to 6 ft long
Weight: 200 to 600 lbs
Q. If There Were No Such Thing As Bears, What Kind Of Hugs Would We Give?
A. Life Without Bears Would Be Unbearable.
Q. What do you call a bear with no ears?
- can be blue-gray or blue-black, brown, cinnamon, or even white
- typically live in forests but are also found in mountains and swamps
- have short, non-retractable claws that give them an excellent tree-climbing ability
- are known for their swimming capabilities & can swim for about 1- ½ miles in fresh water
- can run up to 35 miles per hour
- are tolerant & gentle animals that can be very playful, empathetic, fearful, social & quite joyful
- have the ability to survive without food for up to seven months
- eat mostly berries, nuts, grasses, carrion, and insect larvae
- are typically shy and easily frightened