Bucks:- are male deer and are also known as bulls, stags, or harts
- are ruminants, also know as cud chewers
- have a top running speed of 40 mph
- have an average life span under unhunted conditions of about 10 years
- are the only animal that posses antlers
- have a highly developed senses of sight, smell, and hearing
- can adapt well to nearly any habitat
- are primarily solitary animals except during the breeding season
- will mark their territory by stomping on the ground to make "scrapes" on the land and rubbing their antlers on trees, called a "buck rub."
Quick Facts:Type: Mammal
Average life span in captivity: 6 to 14 years
Size: 6 to 7.75 ft
Weight: 110 to 300 lbs
Group name: Herd
Did you know?"White-tailed” refers to the white underside of the deer’s tail, which it displays and wags when it senses danger.